At The London Orthopaedic Clinic we understand that undergoing medical treatment a long distance from home can be challenging for the patient and their relatives. We therefore work closely with the International Patient Centre and International Liaison Department at King Edward VII’s Hospital, to extend a warm welcome to patients from overseas.
The International Patient Centre at King Edward VII’s Hospital is able to help with accommodation, travel arrangements, interpreting services, arranging medical appointments and organising payment.
More information can be found on The International Patient Centre at King Edward VII’s Hospital website, or by calling the hospital on +44 20 7467 4301.
The London Orthopaedic Clinic welcomes embassy sponsored, insured and self-funding patients
Our multi-lingual International Liaison Department are here to help you with every stage of the process, including:
- Organising appointments with the relevant specialists
- Gathering quotes for treatments and arranging payments
- Coordinating treatment with the sponsor, embassy or insurance company
- Arranging direct admissions to our Critical Care Unit where necessary
- Supporting patients’ families
Patients will receive the support of our International Liaison Department upon receipt of their initial medical reports, throughout the entirety of the treatment process, during discharge and all the way up until they have returned safely to their home.
Your Home Away From Home
The London Orthopaedic Clinic understands the importance of providing tailored services that respect each patients' cultural, religious and language requirements. In order to make each and every patient as comfortable as possible whilst away from home, we offer all of the following services:
- International satellite Television for inpatients
- Complimentary interpreter service
- International menus catering for all dietary requirements, including Halal and vegetarian
- Nursing staff experienced in dealing with various cultural needs
- Complimentary high-speed WIFI and international newspapers.
The London Orthopaedic Clinic understand that being a long distance from home can be challenging for those closest to you. Whilst patients are focusing on their health, our International Liaison Department will make sure important friends and family receive the information and support they need.