Career to Date
Mr Morgan-Jones is a fellowship trained Consultant knee specialist and Honorary Lecturer at the University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff. He consults with the most complex of patients, from all over the UK and abroad, to resolve failed knee surgery. He offers a supra-specialist service dealing with all causes of failed knee replacement including infection.
- Medical School – University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff 1989
- House Jobs and Junior Surgical posts – 1989-1994
- Orthopaedic Rotation – Oswestry/Stoke-on-Trent, 1994-2000
- Bone infection fellowship – Johannesburg, RSA 1999
- Knee fellowship – Sydney, Australia 1999-2000
- Consultancy – University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff 2000 onwards
Since his consultant appointment in 2000, Mr Morgan-Jones has developed an international reputation as a revision knee surgeon, dealing with all aspects of failed knee surgery including infection. He specialises in revision knee replacements and complex young adult knee arthritis. Having authored over 80 peer reviewed papers and 10 books and book chapters he is a recognised authority in his field.
Mr Morgan-Jones has held Practising Privileges at King Edward VII’s Hospital, London, since November 2018
Specialities: Revision knee replacement including infection and osteomyelitis