We are currently recruiting for a PA role for Mr R. Lloyd Williams.
applications with CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date: 09/01/14 2pm interviews the following week.
Reports To: Mr R. Lloyd Williams and the Managing Director
Accountable To: Mr R. Lloyd Williams and The London Orthopaedic Clinic
Hours of duty: 40 hours per week (daily schedule can vary and depends on Mr Williams’ clinic requirements)
Location: 79 Wimpole St London W1G 9RY
To provide comprehensive administrative and financial management to Mr Williams’ practice in The London Orthopaedic Clinic. To be responsible for the planning and implementing of Mr Williams’ clinic and daily schedule. Dealing with patients during clinics whilst attending to enquiries/bookings for surgery/treatment by telephone/electronically for Mr Williams’ patients. Advising on financial matters with knowledge and management of PMI, embassy and self pay remuneration is also part of the role.
To Liaise and communicate with all TLOC staff for effective management of Mr William’s practice and to support other TLOC staff when required to do so. The applicant must have a professional approach to work and show enthusiasm and innovation to create an excellent service for the present and future practice of Mr William’s for the London Orthopaedic Clinic.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To report to Mr Willaims, liaise closely with his current PA and clinic’s staff regarding flow of calls and any other aspect of the unit under direction from the Managing Director.
- To deal with all enquiries into the clinic and manage them accordingly.
- To obtain patient information in order to respond to problems and online bookings.
- Manage the co-ordination of Mr Williams’ schedule and clinics in 79 Wimpole Street and elsewhere.
- To respond to online/phone queries and bookings with information pertaining to Mr Williams and The London Orthopaedic Clinic
- To effectively book and arrange consultation, surgery, procedures, and liaise with hospital departments and other organisations for effective patient care.
- To liaise and communicate with current LOC admin staff and accounts team regarding Mr Williams’ practice.
- Assist with supporting Mr Williams’ other PA and duties covering sick leave and annual leave.
- Liaising with consultants, secretaries, reception, clinical and admin staff to assist with the flow and management of all patients.
- To assist in the organisation of Mr Williams for TLOC education, partners, clinical team meetings. To participate in admin and PA meetings for sharing of information and team involvement.
- To undertake a range of secretarial duties, including typing letters and reports etc. at the request of Mr Williams and/or the managing director.
- To liaise with other Clinical departments/practices. E.g. Physio’s, GP’s, imaging.
- To participate in annual appraisal under The London Orthopaedic Clinic HR guidelines.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, especially with regard to patient information in accordance with the Clinic's Data Protection Policies and The Data Protection Act 1998.
- To be familiar with and understand the Clinic’s Disciplinary Policy and Procedures.
- To be familiar with and ensure that Clinic and Unit policies relating to Fire, Risk Management and the Health and Safety at Work Act are adhered to at all time and to attend mandatory updates.
- To use all equipment safely and to report faults as necessary. To see that office equipment is well maintained and in good working order.
- Any other duties commensurate with the standard of the post or at the request of Mr Williams’ and/or the managing director.
This job description is intended as a general guide to the scope of the post but it may change in line with the needs of the department or at the request of the line manager.
- To have previously worked in the private health care environment, preferably in a similar role for 1-2 years.
- Previous Administrative/Secretarial and Reception experience.
- To have knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- An awareness of the importance of Confidentiality.
- Knowledge of MS office packages i.e. Word & Excel.
- To have knowledge of and demonstrate excellent Customer Service.
- GCSE / Equivalent in English and Maths.
- Typing course or equivalent
- Reception/customer service skills
- Administrative, typing and W.P skills. ( min. requirement 60WPM scoring)
- To have the ability to prioritise workloads.
- To be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing.
- To produce and present work legibly and accurately.
- To have excellent interpersonal skills and to have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility, friendly disposition, smart and professional appearance.
- To have dealt with accounts/ excellent record keeping.
- AMSPAR / Equivalent medical Secretarial Qualification.