We are currently recruiting for an outstanding individual to join our front of house administration / reception team.
Applications close: Monday 10th February
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports To: Managing Director
Accountable To: Managing Director and Partners
Hours of duty: 37 ½ hours per week (shifts covering either 730am- 330pm, 9am-5pm, 10am-6pm, 1230 to 830pm)
Location: 79 Wimpole Street London W1G 9RY
To provide administrative support for The London Orthopaedic Clinic at 79 Wimpole Street including reception support and business office work. Liaising with Devonshire Street and Princess Grace Hospital to ensure all services within the building run smoothly.
Assist in the planning and implementing of The London Orthopaedic Clinic’s daily schedules. Dealing with enquiries to the Clinic and forwarding them on to the appropriate person. Liaising and supporting all consultants, their PA’s, the clinical team and work closely with the current main admin team of LOC. The applicant must have a professional approach to work and show enthusiasm and innovation to create an excellent service for the present and future for the London Orthopaedic Clinic.
Principal Duties / Responsibilities: (not in priority order)
- Meet and greet patients, visitors, consultants and staff and deal with their enquiries
- Assist with the running of clinics.
- Answer telephone enquiries, referring where appropriate.
- To be able to use Meditech, WP packages, Excel, DGL (Practice Manager) and other software packages as appropriate for the department.
- Registering patients accurately obtaining all essential information.
- Entering radiology billing onto the meditech system.
- Obtaining payments from self-pay patients.
- Dealing with embassies and letters of guarantee.
- Obtaining patient results if appropriate.
- To be aware and compliant with policies and procedures.
- To be pro-active in managing the building on a day to day basis.
- To liaise with staff at 79 Wimpole Street, 30 Devonshire Street and Princess Grace to ensure full support from non-clinical departments.
- To develop good working relationships with practice staff within the building.
- To assist with training of new and bank staff.
- To ensure stock levels of non-clinical items are adequate.
- To be aware of security and fire policies.
- To ensure accurate and effective communication at all times.
- To liaise with current LOC admin staff and accounts team.
- Assist with supporting consultant’s PA duties.
- Assist in the co-ordination of the London Orthopaedic Clinic and its specific projects with the Manager’s and admin team’s support and guidance.
- To participate in annual appraisal and assist in the development of the role of unit’s reception staff and direction of The London Orthopaedic Clinic.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, especially with regard to patient information in accordance with the Clinic's Data Protection Policies.
- To be familiar with and understand the Clinic’s Disciplinary Policy and Procedures.
- To use all equipment safely and to report faults as necessary. To see that office equipment is well maintained and in good working order.
- Any other duties commensurate with the standard of the post or at the request of the practice manager.
This job description is intended as a general guide to the scope of the post but it may change in line with the needs of the department or at the request of the line manager.
- Previous Administrative/Secretarial and Reception experience, working for more than one person.
- Previous role in customer service delivery.
Knowledge and understanding:
- Good general level of education.
- Good spoken and written English
- Previous administration experience
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
- Relevant Health and Safety policies procedures
- GCSE / Equivalent in English and Maths.
- Reception/customer service skills
- Administrative, typing and W.P skills.
- To have the ability to prioritise workloads.
- To be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing.
- To produce and present work legibly and accurately.
- To have excellent interpersonal skills and to have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility, friendly disposition, smart and professional appearance.
- To have dealt with accounts/keeping record of.
- Customer service qualification